Friday, May 3, 2013

I WRITE TO YOU WITH SINGED EYEBROWS!



It’s grilling season again and I can’t wait to have my first bbq. Then I remembered my grill nightmare and the image of a raging fire dragon coming at me with fury! Yes, the last time I grilled, I started a huge, uncontrollable fire. I went out the back door salivating over the deliciously marinated skirt steaks I was about to cook and came back in with singed eyebrows.

Please DO NOT let this happen to you. Not fun, not fun at all! While I was patiently waiting for my eyebrows to grow back, I came up with a plan to try to prevent another fire. Taking these steps will help to avoid unnecessary injuries that can ruin your cookout.

1. CLEAN YOUR GRILL – Grease and food builds up over time and can potentially be lethal. Take apart your grill and clean all the gunk out. If you grill often, this should be done several times over the summer.

2. LOCATION – Place your grill away from your house, trees and if you have it on your patio or deck, most of the home improvement stores sell grill trays and other safety equipment.

3. FIRE – Keep a fire extinguisher and a spray bottle filled with water close by and never leave the grill unattended. Never close the lid and walk away. It’s also a good idea to only use the necessary amount of burners. Shut off the ones you don’t need.

4. THE FOOD – Trim any unnecessary fat from meats and let marinades sink in before placing on the grill.

5. DON’T PLAY WITH FIRE!

1 comment: