Monday, June 3, 2013

Helluva Good Hoagie Dip!

When my husband and I went to the Food Network Food & Wine Festival, I tasted something called South Philly Hoagie Dip. I was delighted when I bit into the bread topped with this incredibly wonderful tasting dip! We bought some and it was even better the next day as the flavors had time to combine with one another. The original recipe had mayo which I omitted and used olive oil instead. This is a fantastic appetizer for any party or great for a snack!





1/4 pound Mortadellla (sliced thick)
1/4 pound Capicola or imported ham (sliced thick)
1/4 pound Genoa Salami (sliced thick)
1/2 pound Provolone cheese (sliced thick)
2 green onion stems, diced
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive Oil
1 tablespoon oregano

Cube the meats and cheese into small cubes. Put it in a bowl and add the onions. Add the oregano and oil (just enough to moisten the meat). Season well with salt and pepper. Combine well and chill. Let the flavors combine for an hour or overnight. Serve with toasted bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment