Thursday, October 18, 2018

Gluten Free Persimmon Bread

I was introduced to Persimmons a few years ago and I am always trying to find new ways to use them. Here is a delicious GF bread recipe I perfected along the way!


• 1 3/4 cups 1:1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3 large ripe persimmons peeled and pureed
• 1/2 cup butter melted
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 tsp pure vanilla or almond extract


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8" loaf pan with cooking spray.

Whisk together the gluten free flour, salt and baking soda.

Add rest of ingredients to flour mixture and stir until combined, 

Bake for about 40 - 60 minutes, until golden brown and knife inserted comes out clean. 

Let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. We have our version in the oven right now. We added some cinnamon and cardamom. My nana made us all sorts of persimmon delights as children. I was missing her today and looked up a persimmon recipe. I appreciate a gluten free offering that still has some eggs and dairy in it. Thank you for putting this out there!

    ReplyDelete