Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Candied Jalapeño - Fiery and Sweet!

Since we visited the Hot Pepper Festival, I have been addicted to candied Jalapeños. Many of the recipes I have researched look delicious but also come with a very long list of steps and ingredients. After some experimenting, I came up with this shortcut method and I have to tell you, I'm hooked! The key here is to chill it at least 2-3 days in a jelly jar. Try this recipe and you will not be disappointed! So easy... so good!

  • 1 (12-oz.) jar Jalapeño pepper slices (can loose chop)
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lime zest


Drain and paper towel dry the Jalapeño pepper slices, discarding liquid. In large pot, combine peppers, sugar and lime zest. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10-12 minutes, making sure sugar is dissolved. Fill jar and cover with lid, and chill 48 hours to 1 week. It's best to stir occasionally, but not a necessary step.


NOTE: This is very good on cream cheese with a cracker. I had it on grilled salmon and it was great! 




No comments:

Post a Comment